How to apply:
- Application packages can be obtained by calling 705-472-2649, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by downloading it here.
- Complete the application form and return it to the office in person, by mail or by fax. The Crisis Response Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview.
- Meet with the Crisis Response Coordinator for a pre-training interview. This is an opportunity for prospective volunteers to learn more about the program and for us to learn more about you. If this program meets your volunteer goals, we will ask you for your permission to contact your references and complete a criminal records check. If these requirements are successfully met, VS will select the individuals to be accepted into the training program.
- Successfully complete the on-line Volunteer Training Program. The potential volunteer’s suitability, attendance, observed interest and participation during the training, together with the results of the test will be used to determine whether the individual is suitable or requires further training before certification. Note: Volunteer Training Attendance does not in itself guarantee acceptance into the Crisis Response Program.
- Meet with the Crisis Response Coordinator for a brief post-training interview. Once again, this is an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions you may have and for us to ask you any questions and address any concerns we may have. This is when an applicant will be invited to officially become a volunteer. If we do not feel that you are ready for this intense level of volunteer involvement or your particular skill set could be better utilized elsewhere, we may redirect you to other volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Successfully complete a three month probationary period with responding to at least one crisis call (probationary period may be extended pending crisis call response).